Monday, January 23, 2012

My walk to work

Recently, one of my favorite singers has become Adele, a young British singer-song writer who has enjoyed quite a bit of success in the past few years.  A few days ago, in a bit of a gloomy mood, I turned to www.youtube.com to play me some of my favorite "bad mood" songs, one of which is called "Someone like you" by Adele.  A typical pop music ballad, it features Adele's unhealthy and scratchily beautiful voice with piano.  Noticing there was an accompanying music viceo, I clicked on it.  As I began to watch the video (which is made up of shots of the singer walking down deserted streets), I thought "Hmmm, those roads look so familiar".  About halfway through the video, I caught a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower in the background, but I had already figured out that it was shot in Paris.  What had caught my attention wasn't so much that it was filmed in Paris, as many things are, but the exact roads and bridges that were used.   As it turns out, Adele was filmed walking along the exact same route that I walk when I go to my afternoon job on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays!
I've always thought while walking to or from work, passing the Louvre, Ile de la Cite, the Eiffel Tower, and the Seine, "Wow, this is the best commute I'll ever have."  I'm glad to see that someone else thought so too, and created a music video around it!

No comments:

Post a Comment